Why should I become a Mental Health Champion?
This one-day MHFA accredited course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aid Champion. Best suited to those that want to gain a better understanding of mental health, this course looks at how to spot the signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions as well as the practical skills involved in helping someone in need. The course also looks at building a mentally healthy workplace through promoting mental health awareness, combating stigma, action planning and what staff can do to help others.
Who is this course for?
While this course can be attended by anyone, it is particularly useful to anyone who manages or supervises others. Requiring no previous knowledge, the skills covered in this course will allow managers to better understand and fulfil the needs of the people they are responsible for. Learners are also taught how to have those difficult mental health conversations and what can be done to help and support them.
As an Mental Health Champion you will gain:
- The knowledge to help and support others with their mental health needs.
- An understanding of common mental health issues and their effect on the workplace.
- The knowledge and confidence to promote positive mental health in the workplace.
- The ability to spot signs of mental ill health.
- The skills to support positive wellbeing.
- The ability to have those difficult conversations using empathy and active litstening.
- The ability to use the ALGEE action plan.
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aid Champion.
- 3 years of support exclusive resources, and ongoing learning opportunities (CPD).
- A workbook which includes helpful toolkits to support your own mental health as well as a quick reference card.
- A detailed MHFA England manual to refer to whenever you need it.
- Access to MoreCPD’s mental health e-learning courses.
Why choose this course?
Want to ask us something?
Send us a quick message and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.