Why should I study Mental Health First Aid?
This Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England course is designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis using the ALGEE Action Plan. MHFA teaches people how to recognise those crucial warning signs of poor mental health and provide early intervention to guide someone to appropriate support. It will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. Not only will these skills allow you to help someone else but they can also be applied to your own wellbeing. This mental health first aid course can be delivered both online and face-to-face, please contact us for face-to-face delivery.
Who is this course for?
While this course is best suited to those who have a keen interest in helping others, this course can be attended by anyone as no prior knowledge of mental health is needed. The skills learnt on this course can be applied to a variety of situations including; the workplace, family & friends, the local community, as well as your own mental wellbeing.
As an Mental Health First Aider you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health.
- Step in and provide early intervention using the ALGEE Action Plan.
- Use enhanced interpersonal skills (such as active listening and empathy).
- Empower recovery by signposting effectively.
- Practise self-care.
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®.
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate to say they are a MHFAider®.
- 3 years of access to the MHFAider Support App with 24/7 digital support, exclusive resources, and ongoing learning opportunities (CPD).
- A workbook which includes helpful toolkits to support their own mental health as well as a quick reference card.
- A detailed MHFA England manual to refer to whenever they need it.
- Access to MoreCPD’s mental health e-learning courses.
Why choose this course?
Want to ask us something?
Send us a quick message and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
This course can be completed both online or face-to-face and involves taking part in 4 sessions over 2 days. Each day will start at 09:00am and finish around17:00pm.
- Online courses – Click here to see available dates.
- Face-to-face courses – Contact us directly to arrange your face-to-face course.
MHFAider® Support App
MHFA training doesn’t stop when the course comes to an end. The MHFAider Support App offers continuous support and development, well beyond the initial certification to ensure those trained can lead impactful MHFA interventions. The app empowers MHFAiders® with the following features:
- Secure conversation logging to make reflective notes while protecting confidentiality
- Reminders for wellbeing check-ins with people being supporting
- 24/7 text support service through Shout, for advice and reassurance on a Mental Health First Aid conversation or to support their own wellbeing after a difficult conversation
- Resource library of toolkits, guidance, animations and core mental health concepts to support them in their role as a MHFAider®
- Signposting database through Hub of Hope to find local and national mental health services for additional support