Why should I study Mental Health Skills for Managers?
In an ever-evolving business world, great managers don’t just focus on tasks, they prioritize their team’s wellbeing. Understanding and addressing mental health in the workplace is no longer optional; it’s a necessity. This accredited Mental Health First Aid England course provides you with crucial knowledge and practical skills to confidently navigate and improve the mental health landscape in your organisation. Turn into an empathetic leader, learn how to spot early signs of mental health issues, and support your team effectively with proven strategies. Make a difference, not just in your company, but in the lives of your employees.
Who is this course for?
While this course is best suited to managers those who have a keen interest in helping others, this course can be attended by anyone as no prior knowledge of mental health is needed. The skills learnt on this course can be applied to a variety of situations including; the workplace, family & friends, the local community, as well as your own mental wellbeing.
Managers will learn to:
- Understanding Mental Health: Gain a comprehensive understanding of what mental health is, various mental health conditions, and the overall importance of mental health in the workplace.
- Identifying Early Signs: Acquire the ability to recognize early signs of mental health issues among team members, helping to facilitate early interventions and support.
- Communicating Effectively: Develop the skills to initiate and navigate sensitive conversations about mental health, promoting an open, stigma-free dialogue in the workplace.
- Implementing Support Strategies: Learn how to create, implement, and manage effective strategies and policies for mental health support in your workplace.
- Building a Supportive Work Environment: Understand how to foster an inclusive and supportive work environment that prioritizes mental health, thereby improving employee morale and productivity.
- Personal Mental Health Management: Cultivate skills to better manage and improve your own mental wellbeing, promoting a healthier work-life balance.
Everyone who completes the course will get:
- A certificate of attendance
- Tools to take care of their own mental health as a manager and empower their teams
- A digital workbook to use during the course
- Digital support resources to help embed ongoing learning and development
Why choose this course?
Want to ask us something?
Send us a quick message and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
This course can be completed both online or face-to-face and involves taking part in a 4-hour session.
Online courses – Click here to see available dates.
Face-to-face courses – Contact us directly to arrange your face-to-face course.